By William Dominik,Jon Hall
- A consultant to Roman rhetoric from its origins to the Renaissance and beyond
- Comprises 32 unique essays via prime overseas scholars
- Explores significant figures Cicero and Quintilian in-depth
- Covers a wide variety of themes similar to rhetoric and politics, gender, prestige, self-identity, schooling, and literature
- Provides feedback for additional studying on the finish of every chapter
- Includes a word list of technical phrases and an index of right names and rhetorical concepts
Read Online or Download A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar rhetoric books
Rhetoric within the Flesh is the 1st book-length ethnographic research of the gross anatomy lab to give an explanation for how rhetorical discourses, multimodal screens, and embodied practices facilitate studying and technical services and the way they form contributors’ perceptions of the human physique. through investigating the position that discourses, monitors, and human our bodies play within the education and socialization of clinical scholars, T.
The Motherhood company is a piercing choice of ten unique essays that display the rhetoric of the motherhood undefined. concentrating on the patron lifetime of moms and the rising entrepreneurship linked to motherhood, the gathering considers how diversified types of privilege (class, race, and nationality) tell discourses approximately mothering, intake, mobility, and rest.
Change-Management, Konflikte, Unternehmenskultur – Schlagworte, zu denen es in unserem heutigen Berufsalltag viel zu sagen gibt, nur leider finden sich nicht immer gleich die richtigen Worte. „Neue Zitate für supervisor" hilft Ihnen, diese Lücke zu schließen. Die um viele Stichworte ergänzte Neuauflage des Klassikers verbindet Ihre eigenen Gedanken mit den Aphorismen und Aussagen der Antike bis hin zum gegenwärtigen Top-Management.
During this publication, Dirk Remley applies his version of integrating multimodal rhetorical idea and multi-sensory neural processing thought concerning cognition and studying to multimodal persuasive messages. utilizing present theories from multimodal rhetoric and particular findings from neurobiological stories, the publication exhibits attainable purposes of the version via case reports concerning persuasive messages resembling these present in political crusade ads, felony situations and common advertisements, together with print, movies, and in-person settings.
- Sprechen & Reden: Theorie und Praxis sprachlicher Ausdrucksformen (German Edition)
- Plutarch: How to Study Poetry (De audiendis poetis) (Cambridge Greek and Latin Classics)
- Battle Exhortation: The Rhetoric of Combat Leadership (Studies in Rhetoric/Communication)
- Women's Writing in Middle English: An Annotated Anthology (Longman Annotated Texts)
Extra resources for A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by William Dominik,Jon Hall